MFK's mission is to provide encouragement and educational support programs that engage students and parents in meeting the urgent needs as it pertains to educational advancement and service in the community. In turn, this furthers job growth, which enhances our community and quality of life.
Our approach to programming has experienced remarkable success. Our activities include:
- Educational Support
- Career Development
- Life Skill Development
S.T.E.M. FOCUSEDSUCCESS DRIVEN.
In 2005 MFK chartered a city-wide NSBE, Jr. in Jacksonville, FL, currently the only NSBE, Jr. Chapter in the metropolitan area. The National Society of Black Engineers (commonly known as NSBE), founded in 1975, is one of the largest student-run organizations in the US, centered on improving the recruitment and retention of African-American engineering students. NSBE has grown to over 26,000 members worldwide in over 30 countries. NSBE's mission is "to increase the number of culturally responsible black engineers who excel academically, succeed professionally and positively impact the community." NSBE Pre-Collegiate Initiatives include:
- Helping pre-college students develop a positive attitude towards academic excellence
- Encouraging and supporting parental commitment to their children's education
- Stimulating enthusiasm about engineering and science among pre-college students
- Providing support to students throughout the college application process Increase the number of African-American engineers
- Preparing pre-college students to be positive, contributing future NSBE members